Thursday, November 27, 2008

Re-visiting a great trip

We decided today, on thanksgiving we would watch one of the HOW video tapes..... we had a great laugh.  here are some of the quotes from the first few days of our trip:

"They have nothing to do in South Dakota, so they do this (showing random sculptures at a farm)"
-Jessica
"Why didn't they just do this: YIAIAIAIAI (running towards the deer with an arrow)"
-Shelby
"Pete thinks that BP is going into a country-wide thing to piss him off"
-Mom
"I got those ibby-jeebies again!"
-Mom
"I found a geode"
-everyone
"White Domination!!!!"
"It's like the Mohave dessert out here, well not really cause there's grass and its about 80 degrees cooler."
-Mom
(dressed in a raccoon skin hat)"and then Lewis and Clark set off.... (runs off, and the hat falls)"
-Chris
"In my mirror you can see, they're still attacking us.  I don't want those animals near me. (talking about the burros"
-Dad
"The donkey mauling"
-shelby
"They'll eat you.  They'll eat your hair and then suck you out of the camper (talking about the bison)"
-Mom

And one of the most cherished lines of the entire trip:
"This is NOT Disney Land!!!"
-Dad

3 comments:

Denise Foley said...

Not sure if anyone else will find this amusing but I just laughed my head off!!! Thank you for doing this, Taylor and I love you. Mom

Denise Foley said...

Thanks Taylor, this made me laugh....a lot!

Patty said...

oh make me laugh!

and from one of your readers.....so how many pictures are the going to post today?

put that aside - What a wonderful trip that you were able to enjoy. a lifetiime present :)

Happy Thanksgiving - giving thanks each day,

love aunt patty