Saturday, May 17, 2008

Scariest Realization ever...

We were in the car on our way to Walmart for some shopping for the trip when my mom asked me if i knew my friends email addresses. I looked at her funny and held up my cell-phone... no but i do have their numbers... i said! She looked at me and says we might not have service everywhere...

AHHHH! Oh my oh my oh my.... i totally forgot that most of the trip we'll be in THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!!! Scary things lay in my future. So i will be almost completely cut off from any of the civilization that i will leave! Ah well, at least I'll look cute. We went to get some clothes for the trip and we spent at least 3 1/2 hours shopping!! We also hit the library i got 6 more books, and Jess got like 8 so all our books combined equals somewhere around 2 million. Mom says we have to store them all under the RV, not in the cabin with us, only a few at a time. I can't even imagine how crammed our RV will be, not including all the books we are bringing.

So our pool had been open for a couple days now, and it was finally sparkling clean this weekend and, what great luck, it was beautiful, sunny and 74 degrees!! I went sunbathing and then jumped in the 61 degree water, wow was it cold. That is one thing, out of the many, that I'll miss about being away from home.

Another frightening realization is that we'll be gone for 5 weeks... The longest I've been away from my home was for ... 18 days, but we were in Mexico and it was beautiful!! It's not like a regular vacation, or like summer camp... It's 5 WEEKS!!!

I am so very proud, because i am almost done packing!!! All my clothes are up stairs in a pile, now all i need is the necessary toiletries and others stuff. I even packed for the HOBY leadership conference! Oh yeah...
Sometime in the middle of the trip i am flying back home solo to attend a leadership conference. I was the recipient of this HOBY award and so when we reach Seattle in our big HOW i get on a plane, fly back home and spend a weekend with my friend on a retreat! That will really be a retreat, a great break from my inconsistent bed and small living quarters.

2 comments:

cousinjoanne said...

Hello Taylor,

Congradulations on your HOBY award. What is a HOBY award? I'm sorry I don't know. Have a great time at the conference.

Cousin Joanne

TaylorMarie said...

Thanks!!

ThE HOBY is a 3-4 day leadership development seminar held in every state each spring. It is a way to recognize 10th graders with leadership potential